Music saves my soul~

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Excerpt #1

'Go away, go away!' I chanted in my head.

Thump. A muffled footstep was soon followed by another. Thump. The sound stopped right in front of the closet in which I was hiding. 'Go away, just go AWAY!' I kept chanting.

The handle turned a fraction, as if the person outside was unsure whether to look in here or not. I would have held my breath if I wasn't holding it already. Indeed, I was barely moving - the steady beating of my heart was the only indication I was still alive.

The door opened with a bang, making me jump a mile. A young lad, a year or two older than me, stood at the entrance.

"Hah!" He said. "I found you, so now YOU'RE it!"

Grumbling, I made my way out of the stuffy closet, and tottered over to the then towering dresser.

"1, 2, 3..." I started counting, squeezing my eyes shut.

*************************

Soooo? What do y'all think? Like it or not? Any criticism?

No comments:

Post a Comment